Whether you’re short on time, have a busy schedule or just feel the need for a quick getaway to recharge the batteries, a half day retreat could be exactly what you need.
Take some all-important me time and awaken to the power of the present moment. An easy introduction to retreats, this four hour mindful, discovery hike takes you along the enchanting Causeway Coast.
Experience the stillness and serenity in nature, as you take in the spectacular golden beaches, rugged cliff tops, vast ocean and the enchanting Giant’s Causeway.
Disconnect with your stresses and devices, and reconnect with yourself and with nature. You’ll pause at times to embrace restorative, playful meditation techniques and truly experience the beautiful landscape and coastline in a unique way.
Led by meditation facilitator and avid adventurer Daniel McKee, you will learn and implement effective mindful and meditation practices, to rejuvenate, empower and ground the self, all the while soaking up the natural beauty of the Causeway Coast.
Give in, let go and immerse yourself in the moment. You’ll feel relaxed, re-charged and ready for the week ahead.
*Can be booked on an individual basis, or please ask about group rates for team-building, corporate events, and social groups.
- 4-mile Guided hike along the Causeway Coast, taking in the enchanting Giants Causeway.
- Learn the art of Vipanassa walking as you take in the natural scenery and learn to fully merge into the present moment.
- Beach meditation - Open the heart on the first stop of this mindful adventure, tune in and allow yourself to melt with the sounds of the wild coast as you are guided on a journey through sound.
- An introduction to conscious movement meditation – leave your mind behind and find your inner flow as you dance your way to freedom. Utilizing music and the elements to connect with the body. Laugh, dance and breathe through the playful stages.
- Optional cold water therapy - Never have the benefits of cold water been so important as now, let the natural healing power of the Atlantic ocean cleanse, inspire and empower.
-Detox with a warming herbal tea and organic snack to relax and rejuvenate as you take in the natural surroundings.
Be brave, push your boundaries and let go... you won't regret it.
Daniel McKee is your guide and meditation instructor on this wild adventure. Easy going, friendly and passionate about all things meditation and the great outdoors. Growing up on the Causeway Coast he has come to understand the true benefits of utilizing our natural landscape with a meditation practice. Daniels techniques are fun, explorative and immersive and his gentle instruction will provide the relaxed environment needed for your inward journey.
Meeting point: Portballintrae Carpark (Causeway Coast)
Start Time: 7am
Duration: 4 Hours
End Time: 11am
Fitness level: Intermediate
End Point: Portballintrae Car Park (Causeway Coast)
What to bring: walking shoes/boots - water bottle - small rucksack - warm clothing (waterproof coat/trousers/hat/gloves) -swim wear and towel (if wanting to join in an ocean dip)
Price Inclusions -
-Qualified meditation instructor
-Experienced guide and hiker
- Vipanassa walking experience
-Introduction to conscious movement meditation
-Organic snack & herbal tea
- Use of meditation aids such as music, blindfolds and sitting mats
Minimum of 4 attendees and maximum of 12